If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of iON – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The iON is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the GoPro Alternatives sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best iON Cameras This Year
Do you like extreme sports? Have you always wanted to be able to record them in high-definition but found traditional cameras bulky and inoperable while performing them? If this is case, you're in luck because a company out of Half Boon Bay, California called GoPro has been working on a new line of wearable and mountable cameras called the GoPro HD Hero2, and they all shoot in 1080p high-definition!
The GoPro HD Hero2 is the most compact and advanced sports action camera on the market. It incorporates big technology in a small body. The main users of the camera are sport athletes that race cars, surf, kayak, skate, snowboard, ski, mountain bike, and more. Even general consumers enjoy the limitless mountable capabilities of the small camera; videos on YouTube show footage of the camera mounted even to a dog!
The GoPro HD Hero2 was released November 30, 2011. The main upgrades you need to know is that GoPro has developed a lens that contains two times sharper professional glass. This is great news because that means the image quality will be sharper in your recordings. In addition to new photo capabilities, the camera system enables the camera to shoot 11 megapixel pictures! The previous GoPro HD Hero original was only capable of 5 megapixel photos. Furthermore, the GoPro HD Hero camera has an easy to use 10 photo per second burst mode. This makes it easy to capture fast moving sequences. Lastly, wi-fi capability and a new time-lapse setting make this camera a big upgrade from the GoPro HD Hero original. The GoPro HD Hero2 comes with a polycarbonate waterproof, bombproof, and shockproof water housing that enables you take it with you to submerge the camera underwater. The camera also comes with one lithium ion battery. Charger and all necessary cables are included.
- Camera lens incorporates 2X Sharper Lens enhancing image quality.
- 10 Photo per second burst allows users to capture fast moving sequences easily.
- Highest quality 1080p footage on the market for wearable consumer sport cameras.
- Wi-Fi capabilities to control up to control 50 GoPro cameras at once.
- New LCD interface makes this cameras even more user friendly.
- Since the camera still shoots in 1080p. it is not much of an upgrade from the previous GoPro HD Hero Original.
- The LCD interface although much more user friendly, requires button pushing.
- The camera does not have a LCD viewfinder so it may be hard to see what is in your field of view. However, an accessory called the LCD Bacpac is available.
- Memory card not included.
In conclusion, if you want the best wearable point of view action camera on the market in terms of high-definition video quality, usability, high ease of use, and countability, then the GoPro HD Hero2 is for you. Not only does it incorporate the most advanced technology in the wearable camera consumer market but it is also priced the best. From Disney to the Discovery channel, the movie industry is learning that GoPro cameras are capable of capturing amazing footage that previously was thought impossible. Now is your chance to document your most amazing experiences in high-definition, and its all in the power of the GoPro HD Hero2 camera. Read a GoPro camera review for pictures, video footage, and a comparison chart of cameras.
With all digital camera equipment having gone 'High Def', it's not surprising that helmet cameras have now reached the esteemed HD level too. So is it safe to assume that if you were to buy a HD helmet camera today, that you would be future-proofing yourself against better cameras being released?
Action camera technology has been continually improving over the past few years: each new launch was able to top the competition by being slightly better in video quality then the others and thus claiming to be the 'best on the market. Most of these claims were fairly accurate but now we've effectively reached a glass ceiling in terms of video quality. There are a good number of cameras for extreme sports on the market boasting 1080p High Def video and while there are yet higher levels of HD, no standard computer would be able to edit, let alone play videos recorded at higher levels. Therefore, until standard PCs can handle higher quality videos it is unlikely any helmet camera brand will be be able to offer consumers an improvement on the current sticking point of 1080p.
So this begs the question, what's next? How are these action cameras going to carry on improving over the next few years? We predict that the price and the camera's features will become the main points of differentiation in the action camera market.
Most people tend to have a set budget for their camera and so it's great to see that they can now get more for their money compared to just a year ago. Previously the best action cam on the market was £550 and offered DVD quality video but today you can get a 1080p HD action camera for under £300. Not a bad trend for the consumer.
So with great quality video at relatively cheap prices, the next stage of development for the helmet camera is an improvement in features. Over the next few years we are likely to see helmet cams offering GPS video logging, g-force logging, 3D, and much more.
If you are in the market for an HD helmet camera then rest assured that the video quality is not going to be significantly enhanced in the near future. The only way in which helmet cameras are likely to improve is a greater development of features which may improve usability and that simply means you'll be able to use these action cams in more extreme sports in more ways to get more extreme videos!
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The iON Sports Action Camera
- GoPro Alternatives iON CamoCam Realtree Xtra Texture Camouflage HD Video Camera
- Alternative To GoPro Ion 1011L Air Pro Lite Wi-Fi Camera
- GoPro Camera Alternatives iON Camera 1023 Air Pro 2 Wi-Fi
- Best GoPro Alternative iON Air Pro 1080P HD Photo and Video Camera with CamLOCK USB Cable 170 Degrees Angle Waterproof Up to 30 Feet Still Burst Time Lapse Modes
- Cheaper Alternative To GoPro iON Camera Air Pro 3 Wi-Fi
- GoPro Cheap Alternative ion Speed Pro Automotive Enthusiast 14MP 1080p Full HD Waterproof Action Camera with Automotive and Bike Mounts
- Alternatives To Gopro iON Cool-iCam S3000 Waterproof Action Camcorder with 720p HD Video – The Perfect Camera for Kids
- Alternatives To Gopro iOn Speed Pro 14MP 1080p Full HD Action Camera with Automotive and Bike Mounts (Wi-Fi)
- Cheaper Alternative To GoPro iON Cool-iCam S3000B Waterproof Action Camcorder with 720p HD Video – The Perfect Camera for Kids
- Best Alternative To GoPro iON Adventure 8MP 1080p Action Video Camera with Wi-Fi Capable and Built-In GPS Receiver
- Alternative To GoPro Camera ION Speed-Pro Waterproof Act Camera 5MP Photo Resolut 1080p Video Resolut Dual File Recording