If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of Xiaomi – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The Xiaomi is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the Good GoPro Alternatives sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best Xiaomi Cameras This Year
Do you find it quite a challenge to shoot great action shots?
Whether you are shooting a fast moving car or pictures of a soccer match, you may find it some challenges to produce nice photos of those subjects.
In fact, the first thing you'll realize is that digital cameras are rather bad for action shots. That is why first time digital camera users often grumble about how lousy their action shots turn out.
Through some ample combination of careful lighting, focusing , positioning and shutter-speed adjustments, you can take the exact stop action shots. Even if you never take sports photos, knowing how to freeze action allow you capture birds in flight, water splashes, and fleeting childhood moments.
Worry not, the best way to master your digital camera's many buttons and screen menus is through hands-on experience. If setting your camera's shutter to 1/500th of a second gets you that perfect image of your baby mid-bounce, you're more likely to remember how to activate shutter-priority mode next time. So don't spend your time memorizing settings. Instead, remember the following principles for good action photography. Over time, making the camera do your bidding becomes second nature.
- Move in close. Using a zoom lens, digital zoom, or your own body, get as close to the action as possible to eliminate distracting backgrounds.
- Increase your camera's shutter speed. One of the major reasons why digital camera cannot shoot nice action shots is due to shutter lag. If your camera has manual mode, shutter-priority mode, or even a preset action mode, use it to prevent blurring caused by movement.
- Anticipate the action. When you see the perfect moment on your camera's screen, it's way too late to press the shutter, especially if your camera has a substantial shutter lag. Even if you use burst mode to fire off a bunch of shots in a row, the time to begin taking your shot is about a second before the best action is likely to occur. It takes practice, but you will get the hang of it.
- Do as much as possible before you take the shot. Prefocusing and spot metering are easy on most digital cameras. Get in the habit of setting them during breaks in the action. Once your camera has focus and/or exposure locked in, you can concentrate on getting the shot without the drag of shutter lag.
- Above all, persevere. Don't get frustrated if many action shots don't turn out, even when you use these techniques. Pros shoot dozens, sometimes hundreds, of frames just to get one good picture. By its very nature, action photography produces lots of wasted shots. Just remember you've got a digital camera, so mistakes don't cost you a thing.
You must understand the sport game before you start shooting. You have to know how points are scored, what cause penalties, etc. This way, you will understand where the best action is likely to happen. Don't forget to capture the emotion. Be ready to capture player's faces on winning, or other emotional action in the game. They should make your photos looks alive!
On the next time you take such shots, do keep the above tips in mind, and I'm pretty sure your results will get better.
GoPro has established itself as a household name in the action sports world, with its newest camera - the GoPro HD Hero2 - proving one of the most popular action cameras on the market today.
The GoPro HD Hero2 sets the standard for action cameras: it's packed to the brim with cutting edge features; is virtually bullet proof; and is flexible enough to perform in almost any environment. In its truest form, the GoPro HD Hero2 is powerful, but by adding a few accessories, it can offer even more.
Prepare it for the environment
When it comes to protecting itself against the elements, the GoPro does a pretty good job - it's tough, sealed, and water resistant, meaning moderate physical abuse, dust or water aren't an issue. However, in more extreme environments, the GoPro may require extra protection.
For example, If you're planning on filming underwater, you need to arm your GoPro with the right tools for the job, such as the GoPro Dive Housing or GoPro HD Waterproof Housing. Likewise, if planning on filming while racing a Moto-X bike, you'll need a mount which will keep the camera safe and away from direct physical impact, while capturing the best possible footage.
There are many sport-specific accessories available for the GoPro, so be sure to prepare it appropriately before each outing.
Give it a BacPac
GoPro 'BacPacs' are accessories which snap onto the back of the camera, in order to enhance its performance in various and unique ways. The three GoPro BacPac accessories are: the LCD BacPac, a detachable LCD screen which allows you to play back footage while on the go; the Battery BacPac, which doubles the GoPro's recording time; and the Wifi BacPac, which 'connects' your GoPro for remote operation, mobile syncing, live streaming and web sharing.
GoPro BacPacs, particularly the new Wifi BacPac, offer some truly cutting edge features, which allow users to capture footage in a what which was never possible before.
Keep it steady
You may be able to record in full HD, but if your footage is jerkier than a scooter ride across a freshly ploughed field, it is not much use to anyone. Unfortunately a degree of camera shake is inevitable when it comes to action sports, and while this can be fixed in post editing, there are accessories to help 'steady' the raw footage you capture with your GoPro.
The handheld Steadicam Smoothee for example allows you to capture professionally smooth footage, by perfectly balancing your GoPro while you're on the move. If you're filming other people in action, or looking to capture seamless footage for slow motion editing, the Smoothee is a must-have accessory.
If you're in the market for a new action camera, or just in need of some added fire power for your camera, consider the accessories within this article for getting the most out of your GoPro camera.
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The Xiaomi Sports Action Camera
- 4k GoPro Alternative YI Action Camera (US Edition) White
- GoPro Camera Alternatives YI 4K Action Camera with Selfie Stick & Bluetooth Remote (US Edition) Night Black
- GoPro Camera Alternatives YI 4K Action Camera (US Edition) White Pearl
- GoPro Alternative Cheap YI 4K Action Camera 4K 60fps with Waterproof Case Black Black
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative YI 4K Action Camera (US Edition) Night Black
- GoPro Alternative Under 100 YI 4K Action Camera with Selfie Stick & Bluetooth Remote (US Edition) White Pearl
- Best Alternative To GoPro YI Action Camera with Selfie Stick & Bluetooth Remote (US Edition) White