If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of ELE Explorer – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The ELE Explorer is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the GoPro Alternative sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best ELE Explorer Cameras This Year
First-person or third-person point of views with video and camera shooting for a realistic look on extreme action sports is pretty hard and dangerous to do since going to where the athlete is and sticking to them like glue is prohibited. That's when GoPro HD Hero Naked Camera comes in handy.
For extreme sports video and image capturing, the GoPro HD Hero Naked Camera is the base unit in a package of mounts. It is very versatile since you can get a lot of different extreme sports mounts for the camera base. Touted by their company as "the world's highest performance wearable 1080p HD video and still photo camera" you can't go wrong with this rugged camera when you want to show friends and family your action packed performance on screen.
Here's a quick spec rundown:
- Video Recording with WVGA and HD Modes (720p to 1080p)
- 5 mega pixel Camera with 3 photo burst and self-timer
- 170 degree field of vision
- Built-in Microphone, mono with AGC (automatic gain control)
- SD card slot can support up to 32GB.
- 1100 mAh Li-Ion battery can last up to 2.5 hours
- Dimensions 42mm x 60mm x 30mm
- Weight: 167g
- USB 2.0
- HDTV Out
- Combo 2.5mm jack with stereo audio and composite video out
The construction for this sport camera is its Waterproof Camera Housing made out of Polycarbonate and stainless steel that can also go underwater down to 180 feet. Being Shockproof, it is also Bombproof. Wow, there could be a sport or there will be a sport that is so dangerous that GoPro actually made a bombproof video and still camera for that "just in case" moment. The bad thing about this camera is that it doesn't have a native LCD for viewing replays of what you captured.
The GoPro HD Hero Naked Camera is affordable so it doesn't break your bank, impossibly rugged so it doesn't break, with a lot of mounts for cars, bikes, helmets, chests, surf and snowboards. It is the ideal video and still camera for the action sport enthusiast that want their actions to be captured digitally for their friends and family to see.
GoPro revolutionized sports photography and videography when the company introduced its Hero line of cameras in the market. These rugged cameras make it possible to film the action up close, instantly making them a favorite with sports and outdoor enthusiasts. However, competitors are rising up to challenge its dominance in this sector. One of them is Hawaii-based Intova, an electronics firm which makes everything from cameras to outdoor gear. Both businesses were started by sportspersons but the ways in which they approach sports photography differ slightly.
Perhaps the most noticeable distinction between the two companies is pricing. Intova makes it a point to make their products affordable and offers its flagship product, the Sport Pro HD, at a significantly lower price point compared to the GoPro Hero 2. It should be noted that the Intova camera includes a built-in waterproof housing while the GoPro model does not, which means additional expenses for the underwater accessory. This may be remedied by using a GoPro coupon during purchase.
Both offer 1080p HD video mode, 60m of depth for underwater shooting, and wide angle lenses. GoPro cameras go up to 170-degrees with medium and narrow shooting modes, allowing greater flexibility. They use SD card for storage and feature a simple monochrome LCD screen as user interface. Meanwhile, the Intova offering has a fixed 140-degree view, uses slower, albeit more compact micro SD cards, and has a 1.5" color LCD that acts as viewfinder and playback monitor. Since the camera is built into the housing for enhanced durability, it cannot be removed completely by the user. It uses a standard 1/4" inch tripod thread so compatible accessories should not be hard to find.
GoPro is the hands down winner when it comes to quality as their cameras use larger sensors for better detail and can capture up to 60 frames per second for excellent tracking shots, making them suitable for professional use. However, Intova is no slouch either as their Sport HD takes decent shots both underwater and on land. The output quality should fully satisfy outdoor enthusiasts who would like the ability to document their own adventures.
GoPro and Intova offer similarly compelling products that add a new dimension to sports and adventures. The former seems to be targeted more towards those who seek professional quality and do not mind the steep price. On the other hand, the latter makes a low-cost yet innovative sports camera for hobbyists and serious enthusiasts.
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The ELE Explorer Sports Action Camera
- GoPro Camera Alternatives Sport Action Camera Explorer S WiFi Cam 4K 30FPS 170 Sony Sensor with Accessories Kits Waterproof Case – Black
- Alternative To GoPro Camera Elephone ELE Explorer Action Camera Wifi Ultra HD 4K 15fps 16MP 2.0 inch LCD Screen 170 Wide Lens Waterproof Sports Video Camera DV Cam Camcorder (Battery included) (Black)
- GoPro Alternative Original Elephone ELE CAM Explorer 4K Ultra HD Sports DV WiFi IP68 Waterproof Action Camera – Silver
- Good GoPro Alternatives ELE Explorer Elite NT96660 Sony IMX078 1080P 4K Video Action Camera Waterproof WIFI Wide Angle Action Camera With Waterproof Case Silver
- GoPro Alternative Cheap Elephone ELE Explorer Action Camera Wifi Ultra HD 4K 15fps 16MP 2.0 inch LCD Screen 170 Wide Lens Waterproof Sports Video Camera DV Cam Camcorder (Battery included) (Silver)
- GoPro Hero Alternative Elephone ELE CAM Explorer Wi-Fi Sports Action Video Cameras Waterproof 16MP 4K 1080P 64GB 170 Degree Wide Angle Lens H.264 HDMI Output Shockproof Outdoor Camcorder Car DVR Ultra HD 2.0-inch LCD(Black)
- Alternative To GoPro Elephone ELE Explorer Elite NT96660 Sony IMX078 1080P 4K Video Action Camera Waterproof WIFI Wide Angle Action Camera With Waterproof Case Black
- Best Alternative To GoPro Original Elephone ELE Explorer S 4K Ultra HD 2″ WiFi Action Camera 170° Wide Angle Waterproof Sport Camera include Full Accessories Kits-Black
- Best GoPro Alternative MGcool ElE Explorer Elite 4K 24fps 170HD Video Sports Action Cameras Wireless WIFI APP Control IOS &Android Apple iphone 6 6s Plus Mini DV Player Black
- GoPro Cheap 4K Action Camera 2 Elephone ELE Explorer 4K Ultra HD WiFi Action Camera Aliwinner V3 16MP
- Best GoPro Alternative Creazy ELE Explorer S Waterproof Sport Action Camera WiFi Action Camera 4K 30FPS 170 Degrees (Brown)