If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of Veho – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The Veho is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the Best GoPro Alternative sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best Veho Cameras This Year
Do you find it quite a challenge to shoot great action shots?
Whether you are shooting a fast moving car or pictures of a soccer match, you may find it some challenges to produce nice photos of those subjects.
In fact, the first thing you'll realize is that digital cameras are rather bad for action shots. That is why first time digital camera users often grumble about how lousy their action shots turn out.
Through some ample combination of careful lighting, focusing , positioning and shutter-speed adjustments, you can take the exact stop action shots. Even if you never take sports photos, knowing how to freeze action allow you capture birds in flight, water splashes, and fleeting childhood moments.
Worry not, the best way to master your digital camera's many buttons and screen menus is through hands-on experience. If setting your camera's shutter to 1/500th of a second gets you that perfect image of your baby mid-bounce, you're more likely to remember how to activate shutter-priority mode next time. So don't spend your time memorizing settings. Instead, remember the following principles for good action photography. Over time, making the camera do your bidding becomes second nature.
- Move in close. Using a zoom lens, digital zoom, or your own body, get as close to the action as possible to eliminate distracting backgrounds.
- Increase your camera's shutter speed. One of the major reasons why digital camera cannot shoot nice action shots is due to shutter lag. If your camera has manual mode, shutter-priority mode, or even a preset action mode, use it to prevent blurring caused by movement.
- Anticipate the action. When you see the perfect moment on your camera's screen, it's way too late to press the shutter, especially if your camera has a substantial shutter lag. Even if you use burst mode to fire off a bunch of shots in a row, the time to begin taking your shot is about a second before the best action is likely to occur. It takes practice, but you will get the hang of it.
- Do as much as possible before you take the shot. Prefocusing and spot metering are easy on most digital cameras. Get in the habit of setting them during breaks in the action. Once your camera has focus and/or exposure locked in, you can concentrate on getting the shot without the drag of shutter lag.
- Above all, persevere. Don't get frustrated if many action shots don't turn out, even when you use these techniques. Pros shoot dozens, sometimes hundreds, of frames just to get one good picture. By its very nature, action photography produces lots of wasted shots. Just remember you've got a digital camera, so mistakes don't cost you a thing.
You must understand the sport game before you start shooting. You have to know how points are scored, what cause penalties, etc. This way, you will understand where the best action is likely to happen. Don't forget to capture the emotion. Be ready to capture player's faces on winning, or other emotional action in the game. They should make your photos looks alive!
On the next time you take such shots, do keep the above tips in mind, and I'm pretty sure your results will get better.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it's important to ensure that the action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Below is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
On The Water
There are many water-based boardsports, including wind surfing, kite surfing and wake boarding to name but a few. However, arguably the most popular, or at least widely renowned of all watersports is surfing.
For surfers looking for an HD action camera, there's little that comes close to the GoPro HD Surf Hero. This surf-specific package is hard wearing, waterproof to 60m and contains mounts specifically designed to attach the camera securely to your surf board, letting you film high quality POV footage while keeping your hands free.
The GoPro HD2 also packs 1080p HD recording, a 170-degree wide-angle lens, an internal mic and even the option to capture 5 megapixel still images. The GoPro HD Surf Hero is a surfer's dream.
It's no secret that cameras don't float too well, but fear not because the GoPro Floaty backdoor and the GoPole Bobber will ensure your GoPro has complete buoyancy if dropped in the water. Although not contained in the box, these extras are an essential addition to any surfer's GoPro camera kit.
A popular, and smaller alternative to the GoPro HD is the Contour Surf Pack, which can be bought as a package or case-only. At 135 degrees, the Contour HD's lens hits the perfect balance between capturing the entire scene without over-distorting the video.
The Contour waterproof case is waterproof to a depth of 10 metres, making it ideal for surfing, kayaking, sailing or wakeboarding.
There's no shortage of mounting options for the Contour either, with the Contour Surf-Wake Mount proving popular due to it's 360-degree rotating base and multi position rubber ball that lets you adjust to any angle.
Owners of the Drift action cameras needn't be left on the beach, as the Drift Waterproof Case will allow owners of the Drift X170, HD170 or HD170 Stealth models to take to the water with confidence. This case is waterproof to 3m, meaning it's a little less resilient than the GoPro and Contour alternatives. However, the Drift's built-in LCD screen offers a degree of compensation.
For Drift owners who want to dive a little deeper, The Drift HD Waterproof Case is a better option as it will allow you to take your Drift HD down to a depth of 30m.
Under The Water
If there was ever an activity that lends itself to capturing HD footage, it's scuba diving. And for those who prefer to spend their time under, rather than on the waves, there are several camera options available.
Firstly, and as mentioned above, the Surf Hero is a solid option as it's waterproof up to 60m and can be attached to a diver's head or wrist for convenient filming. If taking the GoPro under water, The GoPro GoForFocus glass lens replacement is advised. It should be noted that The GoPro GoForFocus lens is not compatible with the new GoPro HD Hero 2, but The Blur Fix for GoPro is a good alternative.
While the GoPro works well under water, nothing quite compares to the Liquid Image Wide Angle Scuba Series HD. This integrated dive mask/camera records HD 720P video at 30fps and also offers 5MP still images. With a depth rating of 40m, this is an ideal under water accessory and the ultimate hands-free HD camera for scuba diving, free diving or snorkeling.
Whatever your watersport of choice, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The Veho Sports Action Camera
- GoPro Camera Alternatives Veho VCC-005-MUVI-HD10 Mini Handsfree Action Cam with Wireless Remote 4GB Memory and Helmet Mounting Bracket
- GoPro Alternative Under 100 Veho Muvi K-Series K-2 NPNG | 1080p | HD | WiFi | Camcorder | Action Camera | Sports Camera | Action Cam | 12MP Camera | Waterproof Case | LCD Detachable Screen and Carry Case (VCC-006-K2NPNG)
- Cheap GoPro Alternative Veho Muvi K-Series K-2 SPORT | 1080p | HD | WiFi | Camcorder | Action Camera | Sports Camera | Action Cam | 12MP
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative Veho Muvi K-Series Pro 4K Wifi Handsfree Camera Kit
- Action Camera GoPro Alternative Veho VCC-005-MUVI-NPNG MUVI HD Mini Handsfree ActionCam with Waterproof Case and 8 GB Memory
- GoPro Cheap Veho Muvi HD10 Camera Modified (Infrared IR Night Vision) Body Police Cam