If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of Garmin – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The Garmin is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the Cheaper Alternative To GoPro sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best Garmin Cameras This Year
With all digital camera equipment having gone 'High Def', it's not surprising that helmet cameras have now reached the esteemed HD level too. So is it safe to assume that if you were to buy a HD helmet camera today, that you would be future-proofing yourself against better cameras being released?
Action camera technology has been continually improving over the past few years: each new launch was able to top the competition by being slightly better in video quality then the others and thus claiming to be the 'best on the market. Most of these claims were fairly accurate but now we've effectively reached a glass ceiling in terms of video quality. There are a good number of cameras for extreme sports on the market boasting 1080p High Def video and while there are yet higher levels of HD, no standard computer would be able to edit, let alone play videos recorded at higher levels. Therefore, until standard PCs can handle higher quality videos it is unlikely any helmet camera brand will be be able to offer consumers an improvement on the current sticking point of 1080p.
So this begs the question, what's next? How are these action cameras going to carry on improving over the next few years? We predict that the price and the camera's features will become the main points of differentiation in the action camera market.
Most people tend to have a set budget for their camera and so it's great to see that they can now get more for their money compared to just a year ago. Previously the best action cam on the market was £550 and offered DVD quality video but today you can get a 1080p HD action camera for under £300. Not a bad trend for the consumer.
So with great quality video at relatively cheap prices, the next stage of development for the helmet camera is an improvement in features. Over the next few years we are likely to see helmet cams offering GPS video logging, g-force logging, 3D, and much more.
If you are in the market for an HD helmet camera then rest assured that the video quality is not going to be significantly enhanced in the near future. The only way in which helmet cameras are likely to improve is a greater development of features which may improve usability and that simply means you'll be able to use these action cams in more extreme sports in more ways to get more extreme videos!
Do you find it quite a challenge to shoot great action shots?
Whether you are shooting a fast moving car or pictures of a soccer match, you may find it some challenges to produce nice photos of those subjects.
In fact, the first thing you'll realize is that digital cameras are rather bad for action shots. That is why first time digital camera users often grumble about how lousy their action shots turn out.
Through some ample combination of careful lighting, focusing , positioning and shutter-speed adjustments, you can take the exact stop action shots. Even if you never take sports photos, knowing how to freeze action allow you capture birds in flight, water splashes, and fleeting childhood moments.
Worry not, the best way to master your digital camera's many buttons and screen menus is through hands-on experience. If setting your camera's shutter to 1/500th of a second gets you that perfect image of your baby mid-bounce, you're more likely to remember how to activate shutter-priority mode next time. So don't spend your time memorizing settings. Instead, remember the following principles for good action photography. Over time, making the camera do your bidding becomes second nature.
- Move in close. Using a zoom lens, digital zoom, or your own body, get as close to the action as possible to eliminate distracting backgrounds.
- Increase your camera's shutter speed. One of the major reasons why digital camera cannot shoot nice action shots is due to shutter lag. If your camera has manual mode, shutter-priority mode, or even a preset action mode, use it to prevent blurring caused by movement.
- Anticipate the action. When you see the perfect moment on your camera's screen, it's way too late to press the shutter, especially if your camera has a substantial shutter lag. Even if you use burst mode to fire off a bunch of shots in a row, the time to begin taking your shot is about a second before the best action is likely to occur. It takes practice, but you will get the hang of it.
- Do as much as possible before you take the shot. Prefocusing and spot metering are easy on most digital cameras. Get in the habit of setting them during breaks in the action. Once your camera has focus and/or exposure locked in, you can concentrate on getting the shot without the drag of shutter lag.
- Above all, persevere. Don't get frustrated if many action shots don't turn out, even when you use these techniques. Pros shoot dozens, sometimes hundreds, of frames just to get one good picture. By its very nature, action photography produces lots of wasted shots. Just remember you've got a digital camera, so mistakes don't cost you a thing.
You must understand the sport game before you start shooting. You have to know how points are scored, what cause penalties, etc. This way, you will understand where the best action is likely to happen. Don't forget to capture the emotion. Be ready to capture player's faces on winning, or other emotional action in the game. They should make your photos looks alive!
On the next time you take such shots, do keep the above tips in mind, and I'm pretty sure your results will get better.
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The Garmin Sports Action Camera
- GoPro Alternative Under 100 Garmin Virb XE
- GoPro Cheap Alternative Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Action Camera
- GoPro Alternatives Garmin Virb X
- Best GoPro Alternative Garmin Virb Elite Action Camera
- GoPro Cheap Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 HD 4K Bluetooth Action Camera with Built-in GPS + 32GB Outdoor Adventure Mounting Bundle
- GoPro Alternative Garmin Virb Elite Camera – Dark
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 Aviation In-cockpit Bundle
- Alternative To GoPro Garmin VIRB XE Cycling Bundle
- Alternative To GoPro Camera Garmin VIRB X Waterproof HD Action Camera 16GB Bundle includes VIRB X Camera 16GB MicroSD Memory Card Cleaning Kit Floating Wrist Strap Case Mini Tripod Card Reader and Beach Camera Cloth
- Best Alternative To GoPro Garmin VIRB 010-01529-05 Ultra 4K 30fps Action Camera with Voice Control and Data Overlays