If you’re into extreme action sports, there’s a good chance you have heard of SJCAM – one of the household names in the world of sports action cameras. The SJCAM is the latest edition camera which has everything you could want from an action camera. From a stunning 4K video, 10+MP photos in a single, burst and time lapse, durable by design and waterproof to 30 feet.
GoPro Alternative Sports Action Cameras
Consider everyday gadgets like your computer, mobile phone, tablet, television, radio and maybe even your car’s computer system, and there’s a good chance that the majority of them utilize Wi-Fi in one way or another.
We’re a connected world, capable of consuming and sharing data with a global audience at the press of button, so no surprise then that action cameras devices ultimately designed for producing sharable content – are some of the latest gadgets to adopt Wi-Fi connectivity.
These sleek little cameras are suited to all sports enthusiasts, from skiers to skydivers and everyone in between. It’s capable of recording in 4k, 1080p, 960p or 720p, can capture 5MP stills via different modes and is waterproof up to 30ft.
GoPro Alternatives are built to withstand water, shock, dust and snow. In true action camera style, these camera boasts full 1080p to 4K HD recording, built-in Digital Image Stabilizer (DIS), wide angle lens, and 10+MP camera with different modes, and is all controlled via the camera’s built-in 1.5″ LCD screen.
There are many different types of watersports, each requiring varying levels of contact with the water. For example, scuba diving requires complete submersion, whereas wakeboarders will seldom get their hair wet, at least the good ones! For this reason it’s important to ensure that the Action Camera GoPro Alternative sports action camera you choose is up to the job at hand. Within this website is an overview of the best action cameras for watersports and some top tips for securing the best footage.
Whatever your extreme activity of choice is, make sure you explore the options available to you and choose a sports camera fit for purpose. It often pays to splash out a little more for an action camera that you know will deliver the results you require.
Sports action cameras are the most versatile cameras on the market, and have a host of GoPro compatible accessories and mounts for further enhancing its performance.
What are the Best SJCAM Cameras This Year
GoPro is the action camera that is used by athletes that play sports, and participate in adventures. GoPro was founded in 2002 by Nick Woodman, who came up with the idea of developing this camera when he was trying to create surfing videos. The difference between a "normal" camera and the "GoPro" camera is the GoPro is the type of camera that makes people say "wow". It is waterproof, light weight and is the perfect camera for sport enthusiast that want to make a first person video that allows people to share the experience and what it is like to be there all for an affordable price. The GoPro camera is very easy to use and is easily able to be placed on many platforms, for example, such as a skateboard, surfboard or a helmet. The GoPro is a very small camera and the point of view and the quality allows a user to create a video that everyone will enjoy.
One important key point about marketing is never use automated messaging. GoPro never uses automated messaging when responding to customer's complaints and reviews. GoPro Support is in charge of responding to customer's messages, and they have always satisfied the customer by finding a solution to their issue, or by sending a replacement camera that is in the replacement warranty time period. In one response from GoPro Support, they offered a customer to work with a representative that is fluent in Portuguese, because the customer they were responding to lived in Brazil. The fact that GoPro's customer support took the time to find a representative that is fluent in the same language rather than sending the customer an automated message shows that they are concerned and really want to create a relationship with the customer. When a customer understands what you will do to keep them satisfied it creates customer loyalty.
One customer had a camera that didn't function properly and after a few emails, they had a new camera sent to them with no issues. This is another key point on marketing that GoPro does an excellent job with: listening and talking with customers. GoPro is consistently responding and retweeting to Twitter and YouTube messages, while allowing users to upload their own personal videos and sharing them to their four million subscribers. This positive feedback that GoPro's customer service receives creates relationships with their customers, which leads to another marketing key point: consistency creates relationships.
GoPro started its marketing process by expanding their platform by partnering with multiple professional athletes, and becoming the main camera that is used at sporting events, such as the "X Games" and the Olympics. GoPro's YouTube channel was started by professionals filming themselves skiing, surfing and participating in other sports and now builds momentum every day from their viewers on their website, which is directed from ads on social media websites and from Google.
GoPro generates some of the best commercials, because the footage is filmed in a revolutionary way that is new to the market. GoPro now has their own channel on certain platforms, such as YouTube and Xbox. You can stream between the millions of videos that are offered on the channel, which ranges from someone base-jumping to someone mounting a GoPro on their own pet. GoPro has released updated versions of their cameras in the market every year, by making the camera quality better and the lenses size wider.
GoPro creates some of the most popular photos and videos that are uploaded to Instagram, Facebook and their YouTube page. GoPro allows users with YouTube accounts to upload videos to their account, and they decide which videos will be posted on the official GoPro account page. This method of allowing the customers to upload their own videos helps GoPro create their next products. They listen to the athletes who are sponsored by GoPro and the customers who use the camera and ask what they want in the next camera and GoPro simply creates what the customers wants. As stated again, if you listen and talk to your customers, you will have positive feedback.
GoPro has two key factors that sets them apart from their competition in the market. First of all, their camera provides a high quality video that no other action camera can provide. The GoPro has a wider lenses and even in the water proof case, it still records the video in high definition with quality sound. GoPro's social media is going viral as well. Their YouTube page is the main page where they post videos, as well as their Instagram and a Facebook page. Allowing professional athletes to use their cameras and marketing in sporting events builds momentum in their customer base and social media. This is what another company can do to set themselves apart from other companies in their industry. If you design a product that an industry needs and will be different from what is out there, your product will be noticed and become a viral product. If you place that product where others will see the quality and what it does you will soon become a recognized expert, just like what GoPro did by sponsoring athletes and soon became the official camera for multiple sporting events. If your customer service is helpful and you listen and talk with your customers, and continue to satisfy them you will create a customer base that trusts you.
So, between the high quality videos that no other camera is capable of producing and their social media, GoPro is leading the market today. While dominating and creating momentum in their social media, continuing to listen and talk with their customers, GoPro is creating customer loyalty and relationships that will last as long as the customers are satisfied.
Do you like extreme sports? Have you always wanted to be able to record them in high-definition but found traditional cameras bulky and inoperable while performing them? If this is case, you're in luck because a company out of Half Boon Bay, California called GoPro has been working on a new line of wearable and mountable cameras called the GoPro HD Hero2, and they all shoot in 1080p high-definition!
The GoPro HD Hero2 is the most compact and advanced sports action camera on the market. It incorporates big technology in a small body. The main users of the camera are sport athletes that race cars, surf, kayak, skate, snowboard, ski, mountain bike, and more. Even general consumers enjoy the limitless mountable capabilities of the small camera; videos on YouTube show footage of the camera mounted even to a dog!
The GoPro HD Hero2 was released November 30, 2011. The main upgrades you need to know is that GoPro has developed a lens that contains two times sharper professional glass. This is great news because that means the image quality will be sharper in your recordings. In addition to new photo capabilities, the camera system enables the camera to shoot 11 megapixel pictures! The previous GoPro HD Hero original was only capable of 5 megapixel photos. Furthermore, the GoPro HD Hero camera has an easy to use 10 photo per second burst mode. This makes it easy to capture fast moving sequences. Lastly, wi-fi capability and a new time-lapse setting make this camera a big upgrade from the GoPro HD Hero original. The GoPro HD Hero2 comes with a polycarbonate waterproof, bombproof, and shockproof water housing that enables you take it with you to submerge the camera underwater. The camera also comes with one lithium ion battery. Charger and all necessary cables are included.
- Camera lens incorporates 2X Sharper Lens enhancing image quality.
- 10 Photo per second burst allows users to capture fast moving sequences easily.
- Highest quality 1080p footage on the market for wearable consumer sport cameras.
- Wi-Fi capabilities to control up to control 50 GoPro cameras at once.
- New LCD interface makes this cameras even more user friendly.
- Since the camera still shoots in 1080p. it is not much of an upgrade from the previous GoPro HD Hero Original.
- The LCD interface although much more user friendly, requires button pushing.
- The camera does not have a LCD viewfinder so it may be hard to see what is in your field of view. However, an accessory called the LCD Bacpac is available.
- Memory card not included.
In conclusion, if you want the best wearable point of view action camera on the market in terms of high-definition video quality, usability, high ease of use, and countability, then the GoPro HD Hero2 is for you. Not only does it incorporate the most advanced technology in the wearable camera consumer market but it is also priced the best. From Disney to the Discovery channel, the movie industry is learning that GoPro cameras are capable of capturing amazing footage that previously was thought impossible. Now is your chance to document your most amazing experiences in high-definition, and its all in the power of the GoPro HD Hero2 camera. Read a GoPro camera review for pictures, video footage, and a comparison chart of cameras.
Choose The Best Wearable Action Cam to Match Your Personality – Look Cool With The SJCAM Sports Action Camera
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative SJCAM Original SJ4000 WiFi Version Full HD 1080P 12MP Camera Case (Black) Extra 2 BatterieS
- Best GoPro Alternative SJCAM Legend SJ6 Action Camera with 2 Dual LCD Touch Screen 1080p Resolution, Black
- GoPro Alternatives SJCAM SJ5000x Elite 12MP Sony IMX078 Sensor 4K at 24FPS 2 LCD Sport Action Camera
- GoPro Alternatives SJCAM SJ5000x Elite 12MP Sony IMX078 Sensor 4K at 24FPS 2 LCD Sport Action Camera
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative SJCAM Original SJ4000 Action Camera 12MP 1080P 1.5 LCD 170 Wide Angle Lens
- GoPro Alternative Cheap SJCAM Original SJ4000 WiFi Version Full HD 1080P 12MP Diving Bicycle Action Camera 30m Waterproof Car DVR Sports DV with Waterproof Case (RED)
- Cheaper Alternative To GoPro SJCAM Original 12mp 1080p 1.5 Inch LCD Display 170a Hd Wide-angle 4x Zoom Mini Size Portable Micro USB 2.0 hdmi Support 32g Tf Card with 900mah Rechargeable Battery Underwater 30m Include Various Accessories Full Hd Head Sports Outdoor Car Recorder Car Re
- GoPro Camera Cheap Alternative SJCAM SJ5000X Elite Action Camera 4K 24fps 1080P WiFi 2.0 LCD 12MP SONY IMX078 Gyro Sports Waterproof Cam DV VCR CAR DVR Camcorder HDMI Out And OSD Enabled for Motorcycle Diving Swimming (Red)
- Action Camera GoPro Alternative SJCAM Original SJ4000 WiFi Version Full HD 1080P 12MP Diving Bicycle Action Camera
- Cheaper Alternative To GoPro SJCAM SJ6 SJ6000 LEGEND 2 LCD Touch Screen 2880×2160 4K Action Camera Novatek NT96660 Panasonic MN34120PA CMOS – Black
- GoPro Alternative Cheap SJCAM SJ5000X Elite WiFi 4K 24fps 2K30fps Gyro Sports DV 2.0 LCD NTK96660 Diving 30m Waterproof Action Camera Black
- GoPro Hero Alternative Original SJCAM M20 16MP Sony IMX206 Sensor Mini Action Helmet 2.5K 2160P Wifi Waterproof Action Camera Sport DV Riding Recorder
- Alternatives To Gopro Sports Action Camera Sj7000 WIFI Waterproof Extreme Helmet Cam Recorder Marine Diving 1080P 12 Mp 2.0 Ltps LED 170 Degree Wide Lens 10Mounts Accessories Two Batteries – Black
- GoPro Alternatives SJCAM Original SJ4000 WiFi Action Camera 12MP 1080P H.264 1.5 Inch 170 degree Wide Angle Lens Waterproof Diving HD Camcorder Car DVR (White)